The Society does not insure members’ instruments. It is the responsibility of each member to adequately insure their own instrument.

Suggestions for insuring your instrument include:

  • including your instrument under the contents policy of your home insurance. You may need to specifically declare the item and check that it is covered whilst outwith your house (typically this is under the personal possessions section of policies)
  • Specific instrument insurance policies are available.

The Society currently holds the following insurances:

  • public and product liability,
  • employer liability,
  • property damage,
  • business interruption and
  • personal accident (subject to age restrictions)

all through the Making Music block insurance scheme.

If you have any queries regarding insurance please contact the Treasurer.

You can download a copy of the Society’s Employers Liability Insurance Certificate here.